Believe it or not, I travel to shop and because of that I travel a new country or city every quarter. But more than shopping in a new country, I like shopping at the Duty Free at different airports in the world. Well that’s because I get to shop my favourite brands for less, I’m sure of the authenticity and I get airport exclusives.
But if I’ve to list out the best duty free experience out of all the duty free shops all over the world then I’d say ‘DDFS – Delhi Duty Free Shopping’ experience. Don’t get judgemental and think that I’m being biased because it’s my home city, I’ve my reasons:
- Delhi duty free has best prices in region on many products. The region includes top airports people travel to: Singapore, Heathrow-London, Dubai, Bangkok, Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi etc
- Widest range of Single Malts, extensive never seen range of perfume & cosmetics, amazing assortment of confectionery brands, top fashion brands.
- Many India first launches at DDFS – thus customer get things 1st in India at DDFS for top launches & these are available when its available elsewhere in the world. – refer to attachment
- Extensive world class promotions: A chance to win BMW every Month , win Gold, Trips to Switzerland, Free bags etc. No wonder Delhi Duty free is one of the most awarded duty free for social media followings, promotions, car promotions, innovative marketing campaigns.
- 24/7 customer care
- Most friendly, hassle free refund & exchange policy
- Website free pre-order service. Free shop & collect service.
- DDFS has been growing very year since inception. Growth has been double digit. Current year has been very motivating till now and has been beating expectation.
- Arrivals account for 65% business. Departure : 35%. Arrival has mainly indian shoppers whereas at departure Indians account for only 45% thus more & more foreign nationals are buying from us while going out of country. This is the biggest testimony
- Overall: top customers are from following countries : Indians, UAE, London, Usa, Kathmandu, USA, China, Japan
- Chinese & Japanese are top high end product buyers. Chinese top list
- Liquor accounts 50% of sale followed by perfume, confectionery . Fashion is growing fastest.
- With liquor : premium range like : Single Malt (exp: Glenlivet/Glenfiddich etc), Premium Scotch (JW Blue label , Chivas Royal salute etc) , Premium white spirits (grey goose) are fastest growing.
- Perfume & Cosmetics top brands: Chanel, Dior, MAC, Loreal Luxe, Armani etc
- Customers are spending more every time they shop thus mean average shopping value is growing , this can only happen when repeat shopping rate is high and every time they shop with higher end product. Repeat shopping is approx. 25%
- Pandora First Duty Free & Only Pandora Store in India
- Victorias Secret First Duty Free & Only VS Store in India
- Hugo Boss First Duty Free HB store in India
- Armani Jeans First Duty Free AJ store in India
- Mont Blanc First Duty Free MB store in India
- MAC First Duty Free MAC store in India
- Usige Beatha First & Largest (Range) Duty Free Whisky concept store
First Car/Bike Promotions
- Win Beetle Launched car promo with Pernod within 30 days of VW Beetle was launched in India
- Win Mini Cooper Launched shop wide car promo within 20 days of Mini Cooper was launched in India
- Win BMW Launched shop wide car promo with confectionery category, First in India to have already given over 7 cars (12 every year )
- Win 1Kg Gold Launched 1st such promo in India giving out 1Kg Gold
- Wine Harley Davidson Launched bike promo with JD within 30 days of Harley Davidson was launched in India
India Exclusive Launch
- Rémy Martin’s VSOP Limited Edition for Cannes’2011
- Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute
- The Gucci Flora Garden range
- NESTLE SWISS Premium Chocolate,
- Royal Salute Diamond Jubilee’ blended scotch whisky
- Monkey Shoulder
- Glenfiddich 125th Anniversary Edition gift pack (its only available at Delhi duty free in India)
- Chivas Brothers’ Blend
- F VODKA Luxury Collection
- Dior Aqua
- The Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve
- Johnnie Walker XR™ 21
- Johnnie Walker® Platinum Label blended Scotch whisky
- Laphroaig 18Years Old
- Punch Platino Cigar
I’ve so much more information that I gathered at the DDF that I can go on and on but I’d urge you all to go and experience it yourself. Lastly, I’d like to thank Delhi Duty Free for this once in a lifetime experience as it’s very unlikely for anyone to spend so many hours at a Duty Free before the flight.
Social media expert, love long drives & escapades. Vacation means London in summers, Goa in winters 😉 Fashion, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger.