It’s that time of the year again when we come together and celebrate fashion. The runway of 27th edition of the Amazon India Fashion Week Autumn-Winter 2016 in association with Maybelline New York is all set for the who’s who in the Fashion industry to showcase the best of their collections at the five-day event.
In all, 101 designers including 45 style gurus will showcase their creativity through autumn offerings, at the event which starts from March 16 at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi.
In keeping with its tradition of acting as a driving force to bring out the brilliant craftsmanship of designers, Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) will emphasize on taking the extensive textile heritage of India forward through intelligent silhouettes, in keeping with the needs of modern women.
Be prepared to get surprised this AIFW, as the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) has decided to prep up the novelty factor with two firsts – a three designer accessory show and a three designer menswear show.
Following are some of the leading designers to watch out for in the coming Amazon India Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2016:
* Varun Bahl – Here’s the designer who will open the fashion gala this year. He is known for the generous use of exotic motifs and his luxurious hybrid styles. In keeping with his chic aesthetic, he mixes an antique template in his styles with contemporary touches.
* Anita Dongre – Anita Dongre will be showcasing her Grassroot collection which is a contemporary platform created for the artisans of India. The brand is a tribute to India’s treasure trove of handcrafted traditions and fashions them into contemporary tales.
* Rajesh Pratap Singh – One of the frontrunners in the fashion world, Rajesh has managed to stick to his Indian roots, creating designs that blend contemporary with traditional craftsmanship, making his ensembles ideal for the sophisticated global woman.
* Rina Dhaka – She is one of the most dynamic and creative fashion designers in the Indian fashion scene. Her innovative skills in designing Indian wear and her International sensibilities for western outfits make her one of the most sought after designers.
* Gaurav Gupta – Here’s another designer who has managed to finely bridge the contradictory worlds. His designs are unique, sensual and exotic, he works very closely with lines and the motion of fabric. His signature look consists of Volume play, Embroideries in three dimensions and Extempore Draping (improvising fabrics into graceful folds or attractive lines).
* Gauri and Nainika – The sister duo offer elegant, glamorous and chic clothing for women. Femininity forms is the essence of their label.
* Shantanu and Nikhil– Their label is admired for its perfect blend of contemporary with vintage. Their signature style is figure flattering silhouettes with fluid drapes, asymmetrical sleeves and graphic textures.
Social media expert, love long drives & escapades. Vacation means London in summers, Goa in winters 😉 Fashion, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger.